Dreaming of Becoming the Next Pixar Animator?
Participate in ORT’s Jewish Animation Competition!
ORT is offering this exciting program free of charge for students in grades 4-8. Facilitated via livestream by our World ORT Kadima Mada team in Israel, students will combine creativity with technology to make their own animated clip based on Jewish stories and themes. All that is needed is a computer and/or smartphone, plus a few common household items. ORT welcomes school representatives to partner with us to engage interested students.
Students who already know how to create animation can submit their animated clip directly to enter the competition. See requirements and instructions below.
Students who are new to animation can take a four-part course to learn how to animate. Following the course, students will be eligible to enter our national Jewish Animation Competition.
Course Dates: March 22 – 25, 2021
Two Sessions Daily:
8:00 am - 9:30 am ET
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm ET
Requirements and Instructions for Competition
- Produce an animated clip based on a Jewish theme, using a Jewish story, parable, proverb or other Jewish/Hebrew text. A transcript must be provided.
- Submissions must be from an individual student or small collaboration of no more than four students.
- The competition is open to students in grades 4-8.
- Work created prior to the course/competition will not be accepted as a submission.
April 30: Deadline for submissions
May 27: Winners announced
Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges from ORT America who will consider three categories: Jewish content, visual art, and technical skill. The best entries will be featured on the ORT America and World ORT websites and YouTube channels. Winners will receive cash prizes as follows: First place prize: $500; Second place prize: $250
Attention: School Representative
- Schools are required to assign one school representative to coordinate submissions and communication with ORT America.
- Commitment of the school to the timeline and logistics for submissions and benchmarks (including parental photographic release)
Please click here to register your school for participation.
Upon registration, a ZOOM link will be sent to registrants.
We have also invited students from Canada and Israel to join the program!
ORT is a leading global Jewish educational network, providing high-quality STEM education in more than 30 countries. Founded in 1880 to provide vocational training for Russian Jews, today ORT impacts the lives of 100,000 people each year. ORT’s vast experience in programming provides cutting-edge activities designed especially for young students, inspiring them to learn more and preparing them for the future.
Contact Allison D. Halpern, Director of Operations, email@example.com.