Ensuring Jewish Continuity Through Tikkun Am
ORT’s commitment to Jewish peoplehood is centered in its mission to provide excellent education and meaningful Jewish experiences to families all over the world, regardless of their level of Jewish affiliation. ORT helps individuals thrive in all aspects of their lives and brings Jewish values and traditions to future generations, in cities large and small throughout the Diaspora.
In many communities, ORT schools are the focal point for Jewish life for many families, particularly in the former Soviet Union, Eastern Europe and Latin America. ORT is uniquely positioned to provide global Jewish educational programs infused with meaning and inclusivity through diverse explorations of Jewishness that meet students and families where they are.
What Makes ORT’s Jewish Educational Programming Different?
- Complete inclusivity: Everyone is always welcome to participate, regardless of affiliation or background.
- Jewish values in action: ORT incorporates Jewish concepts within the ORT global network of schools’ general curriculum and works to incorporate them into training and education courses for adults.
- Global Jewish connections: Jewish educational projects across the ORT network help build bridges between Israel and the Diaspora.
- Warm and meaningful: ORT offers opportunities for families to celebrate Shabbat and holidays, study Jewish texts and enjoy cultural experiences.
- Tikkun Olam: Educational programming and curriculum centers on ORT’s values of social justice, helping others and giving back to the community.
- Cultivating Jewish Leaders: Alumni of ORT’s informal Jewish educational activities obtain lifelong connections to Judaism with some becoming leaders in their local Jewish communities and beyond.
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org