Nicole Miller grew up in suburban Detroit, graduated from the University of Michigan in 1995 and earned a law degree from New York Law School in 1998. Before accepting a position with ORT, Nicole practiced law in New York City at the law firm LeBeouf, Greene & MacRae, and later with Michigan law firm, Michael Morse, P.C
While in Detroit, Nicole also planned and coordinated events for Star Trax Corporate Events, and served as a consultant for the Detroit chapter of Men’s American ORT - by providing supervising (formerly) American ORT’s annual Rub-a-Dub fundraiser from 2003-2005. In 2005, she served as the lead coordinator for the Rub-a-Dub event – the ORT America Michigan Region’s largest annual fundraiser until November of 2009, when she came on as the Regional Director for ORT. Nicole is mother to Max and Bella."
Ilana Kats joined ORT America in July 2018 as Assistant Director of Major Gifts, Northeast Region. A seasoned development professional, Ilana’s career has spanned philanthropy, the arts, and cultural organizations.
Ilana’s career highlights include:
- Meeting Arthur Miller, Dame Judi Dench and Sir Tom Stoppard while enlisting investors and limited partners for commercial and non-profit theater productions.
- Directing and producing major celebrity gala events, working with corporate sponsors and underwriters to help raise awareness and millions of dollars to rescue children affected by the ravages of radiation at Children of Chernobyl.
- Realizing groundbreaking projects including the national "Twinning" of mosques and synagogues and the first international Delegation of Imams and Rabbis of North America. The latter garnered accolades in the press, as the group was welcomed at the 911 Memorial and Museum, Ellis Island, and Yankee Stadium, before traveling to Washington, DC and visiting the Holocaust Museum, Congress and the White House.
- Honoring Joseph Romm for his tireless climate activism, and welcoming Pulitzer prize winning playwright Paula Vogel as featured speaker at the Workmen’s Circle Life Member Appreciation event.
- Organizing and running campaigns against anti-Semitism and Islamophobia and producing Martin Luther King, Jr. Day and Black History Month commemoration events.
A member of the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, the Vineyard Theatre’s Premier Cru, and Toastmasters, Ilana spent a portion of her childhood in Israel before moving with her family to the United States. Educated at the University of Texas, New York City has become her home.
Heath comes to ORT with a vast non-profit career spread over 30 years. His most recent job was Executive Director of the Los Angeles office of the Israel Cancer Research Fund. During his career, Heath has worked in leadership positions at the Jewish Federation of Los Angeles, Jewish Federation of Greater Phoenix, Jewish Community Center of Phoenix and Jewish Community Center of Baltimore. Heath began his career in the Jewish nonprofit arena working for BBYO both in Baltimore and Los Angeles. He also worked as the first Director of Development for Free Arts of Arizona, bringing the art of healing to homeless and abused children.
Heath has an MSW from Yeshiva University and a BS from the University of Maryland. He is married to Lisa and they have three children and two grandchildren.