ORT works to remove the economic and social barriers that people face to accessing high-quality education, by providing groundbreaking programming that introduces students to technology and cultivates marketable skills for productive careers.
ORT programs instill in students a deep appreciation for Jewish culture, history and tradition. Throughout every initiative, ORT educators play a special role, not only to teach but also to inspire a deep appreciation of the value of learning. We invest in our teachers, who in turn invest in our students. We understand that in order to achieve sustainable impact through education, our reach must break through and extend beyond the classroom walls.
In 37 countries, ORT connects students with increased educational opportunity today to forge a brighter future tomorrow, making it possible to:
- help more students from underserved communities in Israel develop problem-solving skills in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM)
- ensure that children who are homebound or in hospitals throughout Israel can continue their education while not in school
- invest in our educators by training them in the latest educational developments
- provide vocational training programs for adults of all ages
- empower students in our global network to reach higher, shine brighter, and unlock their potential
- discover and nurture Jewish identities